Canadian Government approves $600 for all Disability Tax Credit Holders
According to the COVID-19 Economic Response website, they have stated:
We are providing a one-time, tax-free, non-reportable payment of $600 to help Canadians with disabilities who are recipients of any of the following programs or benefits:
- A Disability Tax Credit certificate provided by the Canada Revenue Agency; (Must be approved by September 25, 2020, extended to February 28, 2021)
- Canada Pension Plan disability benefit or Quebec Pension Plan disability benefit; and
- Disability supports provided by Veterans Affairs Canada.
Seniors who are eligible for the one-time payment for persons with disabilities would receive a total of $600 in special payments. The one-time payment to persons with disabilities would be adjusted to provide a top-up for eligible seniors, including:
- $300 for Canadians who are eligible for the Old Age Security pension and who received the one-time seniors payment of $300; or
- $100 for Canadians who are eligible for the Old Age Security pension and the Guaranteed Income Supplement or Allowances and who received the one-time seniors payment of $500.
Payments were made October 30th.
January 2021 payment
If you did not receive a payment in October, and are confirmed eligible by end of November 2020, you may receive your payment in January.
Spring 2021 payment
If you did not receive a payment in October or January and are confirmed eligible by end of February 2021, you may receive your payment in spring 2021.